Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Blue Tree in Yellow Sunshine by Vernita Hoyt

Tree Study in Blue and Yellow
watercolor on sketchbook paper 
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt

When I need a warm up to help me into a different medium, I can always count on a tree or few to do the job.

Over the weekend, I did several sketches in ink line with a watercolor wash. Primary colors call to me, this time blue and yellow. The beauty of a sketchbook is that I can paint whatever I want with whatever colors I want to use. Nothing has to be realistic.

I like the simplicity of this piece. With the right mat and frame … 

After the warmup, I proceeded to a commissioned  artwork.

Vernita Bridges Hoyt
 Texas Sauce Art Life

Contact me through the Contact Form in the blog sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment