Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Live Sketch of Woman Standing

To inquire about this piece, leave a comment or contact the artist directly at the link in this post. If all else fails, email txsauce@txsauce.net and your inquiry will be forwarded to the artist.

This piece began with Sketch #1 of the 15 minute poses from the first live model figure drawing lab. When I stopped, all I had was a line drawing. 

original 30-minute Sketch #1 of Live Model,
mixed media of charcoal, Pigma Micron ink pen, Conte pastel pencil, watercolor pencil,
on Bristol Plate 2-ply paper, 12x9 inches
0050.
At home, I more than doubled the time and shaded the charcoal drawing, added linework with a Pigma Micron 3 pen, a little color with watercolor pencils over charcoal shading. What we have here is a mixed media drawing. I like that I could save the loose, casual feel of the drawing.

This model was relaxed and easily changed from one pose to the next. 

Leave a comment or contact me through the blog email address. 


Use wisely what you have been given and you will be given more.  MATTHEW 25:29

As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment