28 September 2015

Turquoise Parrot



"Bird of a Different Color"
7"x 5"
Acrylic on canvas board

This is the painting that resulted from the sketch I posted recently. It is my first attempt at acrylics and I just relaxed and had fun. The title refers to the fact that this is a Blue Macaw, from a photo I took at the Abilene Zoo. I took some artistic license and changed it to a Turquoise Macaw because our local art league has a category in their upcoming show- mini paintings with turquoise making up no less than 75%. They wanted turquoise, I gave them turquoise! I turned the parrot turquoise as well as the background and had a ball doing it. If the painting turned out, great, if it didn't I learned a lot about acrylics and had some fun. I decided to go ahead and enter it, only cost $5 to do so. We shall see what the judge thinks! I did enter two other "normal" sized drawings in the main part of the show too. 


Contact me through the Contact Form in the blog sidebar.
Please include my name and the title of the artwork in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment