10 August 2015

Prickly Pear Sketch


Graphite sketch
Prickly Pear with fruit
approx. 5" x 7"

In October, our town of Coleman, TX. will be having the first annual Prickly Pear Festival. It promises to be a really fun and new experience. It will be about all things prickly pear, even food and wine. There will be vendor booths, a band, so many fun things to do. Our art league was asked by the event planners to decorate about 20 different large pots that will be planted with prickly pear and used to decorate the festival area. This is my sketch of prickly pear that I will paint on my pot. Stay tuned for the final product, which I will share here when it is finished. 





Contact me through the Contact Form in the blog sidebar.
Please include my name and the title of the artwork in the subject line.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sketch of the prickly pear cactus! I love the spontaneity of your lifework. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Vernita. Once the summer is over, I will be outside more doing sketches, maybe even painting!

      Delete