Thursday, March 05, 2015

MEMPHIS, portrait of a Dalmatian dog, artist Vernita Bridges Hoyt

Since I missed posting on Tuesday, I am going to take one of the open days for my weekly blog post.

A Dalmatian Dog named Memphis

Recently, I have been painting Dalmatian pet portraits. Oh boy! Have I had fun painting all those spots.

SOLD
MEMPHIS
oil portrait of a Dalmatian/Boxer mix
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2015

Dalmatian Dogs have Unique Spot Patterns

Did you know that each Dalmatian has a unique spot pattern … like a finger print? There is no making up the spots. If you want the dog to be recognized, you have to get those spots in the right places along with the usual features in the face—the look in the eyes, the placement of the nose, the whiskers, the shape of the mouth, the size of the ears, etc. Yes, I am having fun painting the Dalmatian portraits!

Contact me through the Contact Form in the blog sidebar.
Please include my name and the title of the artwork in the subject line.