15 October 2014

"Tais Meditation" by Debbie Cannatella


To inquire about this piece, leave a comment or contact me through the Contact Form in the sidebar. 

Tais Meditation
15"x22" transparent watercolor
$550

Even in my abstract work, which I don't often indulge in, I become a bit detailed. This abstract utilizes watercolor, fluid acrylic, and Rapidiograph pen with ink. It began with a strong cruciform composition, which was muted when layered. The fluid, circular forms add a bit of tension against the cruciform, and I wanted to trap light and bright hues toward the middle. Its always fun for me to start an abstract with the elements of design foremost in my mind.  The lack of needing the forms to resemble something frees me to think about  composition instead. I painted a companion piece to this one, which I will post down the road.