24 September 2014

"What I Like About Chicago" by Debbie Cannatella


To inquire about this piece, leave a comment or contact me through the Contact Form in the sidebar to discuss payment options.

What I Like About Chicago
20"x26" transparent watercolor
by Debbie Cannatella of Corpus Christi, TX
$700
giclee prints are available

I go back to Chicago nearly every late May/early June, just in time for the peonies to be open, and the poppies and tulips to be swaying in the windy city. The original for this painting was in an Artists of Texas exhibit in a gallery in Spring, TX last year. I was able to combine the trip to deliver the painting with a dinner with artist Vernita Bridges-Hoyt. So now, every time I look at this piece, I not only am transported to the cool, crisp early spring days of Chicago and Oak Park, but smile as I remember my visit with Nita.