16 April 2014

Emerging

To inquire about this piece, leave a comment. Just click on the blue "comment" text in the lower right corner of the blog. Or you can contact the artist directly at the link in this post.


Emerging
22"x30" transparent watercolor
$1100

This was my favorite painting of 2013, finishing it in the early fall... I crossed my fingers it didn't sell at my opening because I wanted to live with it a while longer. And I just found out that it was one of the 121 paintings selected from over 1700 entries for North Light's SPLASH 16 book.. Being a south Louisiana girl, the alligator is one of those creatures that we are used to seeing around the bayous. I wanted this gator to be emerging from the pigment on the paper. Painting its detail was reminiscent of my 25 year as a highway and bridge designer... drawing little roadways around the hills and valleys of its hide. Limited edition prints are available.