12 March 2014

Spotted You

To inquire about this piece, leave a comment. Just click on the blue "comment" text in the lower right corner. Or you can contact the artist directly at the link in this post.


Spotted You
by Debbie Cannatella, LWS
22"x30" Transparent Watercolor
30"x38" matted and framed
$900

I was visiting the zoo last year... I don't even remember what city I was in, because I try to visit a zoo in whichever city I visit. This comparatively small Clouded Leopard captured my attention. She was resting above on a rock with her eyes closed, and every now and then would open them and, without moving another muscle, watch the people walking by, then close her eyes again. She was quite beautiful and it was hard to remind myself she wasn't at all like my domestic tuxedo cat, though her mannerisms mimicked mine succinctly..